Our Functions

  • Our minutes, and agendas are all put on the notice board which is outside The Jolly Farmers Public House and they are also published on this website. Please visit our agendas and minutes section for more information on this or simply use our contact page to get in touch.
  • We are a consultee to the Borough Council on Planning Applications. You can contact us about any planning application and give us your views.
  • The finances of local councils are governed by the Accounts and Audit Regulations 2003 (as amended) and this means that each year we have to publish our accounts which need to be presented to our External Auditor by the 14th July following the end of the Financial Year which is on 31st March. We also have to have a comprehensive budget and precepting process which we undertake at our January Parish Council Meeting. The precept is the amount of money we request King’s Lynn & West Norfolk Borough Council to collect on our behalf to run our Council.

The Borough Council

The District Council deal with such things as waste collections; coastal strategy; planning; benefits and also the collections of the rate. The Borough Council is situated at Kings Court, Chapel Street, King’s Lynn, PE30 1EX  and they can be contacted on 01553 616200 or by emailing contact@west-norfolk.gov.uk.

The County Council

The County Council deals with such things as highways and transportation, waste disposal, education, libraries, social services and fire and rescue services and they are based at County Hall, Martineau Lane, Norwich. They can be contacted on 0344 800 8020 or by emailing information@norfolk.gov.uk.

Our Member of Parliament

Our MP is Mr Henry Bellingham. To contact Mr Bellingham please telephone 0207 219 8234, email bellinghamh@parliament.uk or write to House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *